Department of Biochemistry is at the heart of this University and provides a feather to the University by offering tremendous potential in basic as well as applied sciences. Department of Biochemistry, Central University of Rajasthan came into existence in July 2012 under the School of Life Sciences. The mandates of the department are to undertake post-graduate teaching, enable students to compete in national/international scholarship examinations e.g. CSIR & UGC NET-JRF, ICMR-JRF, GATE, abroad PhD entrance exam etc. The department also envisions extending in the field of biochemical broad areas which includes Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, Cancer Biology, Host-pathogen interaction, Infectious Diseases, Glycobiology, Drug Discovery, Vaccine design, Nanomedicine and Molecular Medicine. The department is boosted by highly qualified young talented faculties with PhD training from prestigious Institutions/Universities like All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi; Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur; University of Hyderabad; Banaras Hindu University; Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, and Jawaharlal Nehru University. The research activity of the department has been supported by various funding agency, DST-RFBR, SERB, DBT, UGC etc. Research output of the department has been recognised by various national academy like Indian National Science Academy (INSA-Young Scientist Award), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR-Award), National Academy Agricultural Science (NAAS-Young Scientist Award), and Indian Science Congress etc. The master students of the department have been qualified various national level examinations like CSIR-JRF, UGC-JRF, GATE etc and pursuing higher studies in various national (IGIB, AIIMS, CCMB, IMTech etc) and international institutes (South Korea, Taiwan etc). Department offers Int. M.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. and student get admitted through all India basis CUCET examinations. Our classrooms are well equipped with modern facilities for teaching which includes LED projector, white board, regular board and digital board. Our laboratory is equipped with instruments needed for the basic research which includes Centrifuge, incubator, electrophoresis unit, deep fridge, animal cell culture, bacterial cell culture, bioinformatics computers, hoods, pH meter etc. The objectives of the department are-
- To ignite young minds, from different backgrounds, to understand the world of biochemical reactions through application based learning. This learning would develop their reasoning power and train them for career in research as well as to qualify various national and international level examinations.
- To provide high quality teaching to the students through traditional classroom teaching and modern audio-visual aids and hands on training on various aspects of biochemistry and allied biological subjects.
- To develop scientific skills and personality development of students by various departmental and university level activities.
- To motivate students for high quality research and innovation at PG and Ph.D. level for social welfare and sustainable health.
- To encourage interdisciplinary learning by giving option to students for audit courses offered by other departments.