About SC/ST Cell
The Central University of Rajasthan has been established by an Act of Parliament i.e. “Central Universities Act, 2009”. The University is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects for everyone regardless of colour, religious, belief, caste, creed or cultures, while maintaining diversity of all kinds. It also commits to ensuring protection of everyone including person with disabilities and acting as per the provisions of Constitution of India in such matters. In order to create a living and working environment where all employees and students feel safe and respected, the university is doing its best in this regard. In order to ensure due compliance of the orders of reservation issued from time to time in favour of SC and ST and to ensure prompt disposal of the grievances of the employees of SC ST and PWD Category, the University established a Special Cell for SC/ST Cell.
Functions of SC/ST Cell
- To circulate Government of India and Commission’s decisions and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the Universities for different courses, in forms prescribed, by a stipulated date, and to take follow up action, where required.
- To circulate Government of India orders and Commission’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointment, training of these communities in teaching and non-teaching posts in the Universities, in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action where required.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policy by the Commission.
- To analyze the information collected above and prepare reports and digests for onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development/ University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To deal with representations received from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in Universities/Colleges.
- To monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme, if approved in the University.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the University and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- To maintain a register for employment of SCs/STs in the University for the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities for various posts in the University.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these two communities suffering economic, social and education deprivations.
Prof S.N. Ambedkar
Central University of Rajasthan
:01463 - 238762
Dr. Anand Kumar
Dr. Suman Tapryal
Dr. Mahendra Saha
Dr. M. Bhanuchandra
Dr. Asha Kumari Meena
Dr. Kiran Kumar Tejavath
Liaison officer for SC/ST (nominated by Vice Chancellor)
Prof. S N Ambedkar
Liaison officer for OBC (nominated by Vice Chancellor)
Dr. Ajit Kumar Patra
Information Handbooks & Important Act/Rules/OM's
- Click Here to see Information Handbook for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) (2021-22)
- Click Here to see Information Handbook for SC/ST (2021-22)
- Exemption from payment of application fee PwBD.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the issue of residence domicile and caste tribe certificates.
- Compendium of instructions on Reservation
- MHRD Notification regarding the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers Cadre) Act, 2019.
- Reservation for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities.
- Reservation in promotion for PwBDs.
- Transport Allowance at double the normal rates to persons with disabilities employed in Central Government.
- The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017.
- The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (Amendment) Rules, 2020.
- Post identified to be reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in Group A,B, C and D.
Prof. S.N. Ambedkar
Convener and Liaison Officer, SC/ST Cell
Room No. 107, SP-IV Building,
Central University of Rajasthan