- Bioremediation, Biodegradation, Enzyme kinetics
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Biomedical Waste Management
- B. Sc. Industrial Microbiology, Maharani's College, University of Rajasthan, 2002
- M.Sc. Environmnetal Science, University of Rajasthan, 2004
- Ph.D. Environmental Biotechnology and Microbiology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 2009
- Biodegradation of Pharmaceuticals and personal care products
- Biosoprtion of Chromium from Tannery effluents on algae
- Biodegradaion of Organophosphate pesticides by bacteria
|S. No.||Authors||Title of Article||Journal/Conference Details||Journal/Conference||Publication Year|
|1||Jeky Chanwala, Garima Kaushik, Mohd Ashraf Dar, Shivangi Upadhyay, Akhil Agrawal||Process optimization and enhanced decolorization of textile effluent by Planococcus sp. isolated from textile sludge.||Environmental Technology & Innovation||Journal||2018|
|2||Shardendu Kumar, Garima Kaushik, Mohd Ashraf Dar, Surendra Nimesh, Ulrico Javier Lopez-Chuken, Juan Francisco Villarreal-Chiu||Microbial Degradation of Organophosphate Pesticides: A Review.||Pedosphere||Journal||2018|
|3||Juan Francisco Villarreal-Chiu, Alejandra Guadalupe Acosta-Cortés, Shardendu Kumar, Garima Kaushik||Biological limitations on glyphosate biodegradation||Green Technologies and Environmental Sustainability||Book Chapter||2017|
|4||Shardendu Kumar, Garima Kaushik, Juan Francisco Villarreal-Chiu||Scenario of organophosphate pollution and toxicity in India: A review||Environmental Science and Pollution Research||Journal||2016|
|5||B Hamid, G Kaushik, J Chawla||Isolation and development of efficient bacterial consortia for bioremediation of textile dye effluent||Journal of Pollution Effects & Control||Journal||2015|
|6||G Kaushik, KC Sharma||Climate change and rural livelihoods-adaptation and vulnerability in Rajasthan||Global Nest Journal||Journal||2015|
|7||Garima Kaushik||Editorial||Applied environmental biotechnology: Present scenario and future trends||Other||2015|
|8||Garima Kaushik||Bioremediation of Industrial Effluents: Distillery Effluent Authors||Applied Environmental Biotechnology: Present Scenario and Future Trends||Book Chapter||2015|
|9||Garima Kaushik, Indu Shekhar Thakur||Production of Laccase and Optimization of Its Production by Bacillus sp. Using Distillery Spent Wash as Inducer||Bioremediation Journal||Journal||2014|
|10||G Kaushik, IS Thakur||Purification, characterization and USAGE of thermotolerant laccase FROM Bacillus sp. FOR biodegradation of synthetic dyes||Applied biochemistry and microbiology||Journal||2013|
|11||Garima Kaushik, Indu Shekhar Thakur||Adsorption of colored pollutants from distillery spent wash by native and treated fungus: Neurospora intermedia||Environmental Science and Pollution Research||Journal||2013|
Optimization of process parameters for improved microbial degradation and decolourization of textile industry wastewater in Rajasthan (2015)
UGC (Start up grant)
6 Lacs/ 2015-2017
Design of a microbial process for the removal of organophosphorus pesticides in water supplies from rural and urban water bodies (2016)
14.88 lacs/ 2017-2020
- National workshop on community based water management in Rajasthan, IGPRS, Jaipur, Rajasthan on August 24-26, 2015
Title: ILL water and its management- The role of governing bodies
- NATIONAL CONFERENCE on “New Dimensions in Green Technologies for Sustainable Development” (NCNDGS - 2014), SKIT, Jaipur on February 21-22, 2014
Title: Bioremediation- A Biotechnological tool for environmental sustainability
- Climate Change Impacts and Societal Adaptation, Central University of Rajasthan, India, 7-8 November, 2013
Title: Climate Change and Rural Livelihoods- An analysis of adaptation strategies in Rajasthan
- WINERY -2013, (IWA CONFERENCE) Narbonne, France, May 26-30, 2013
Title: Biodegradation and detoxification of distillery effluent in a three stage bioreactor.
- Global Biofuels and Bioproducts Summit, San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A. November 19-21, 2012
Title: Bioremediation of distillery spent wash in a pilot scale bioreactor using fungal and bacterial strains.
Lecture /Papers / Posters presented in Conferences / Seminars/ workshop:
- Presented Paper in National seminar on Role of women in unpaid Care Work on 27-28th March, 2018 held at Department of Management, Central University of Rajasthan on “Indian Women in Science- Issues and Challenges”.
- Presented paper in National Seminar on Forest, Water and Climate change on 21 March, 2018 held at IGC for HEEPS University of Rajasthan, Jaipur on “Process optimization of microbial degradation of pharmaceutical wastewater”
- Kritika Sharma and Garima Kaushik “Biodegradation of organophosporous pesticide contaminated soil by bacteria in Rajasthan” in National Seminar on Forest, Water and Climate change on 21 March, 2018 held at IGC for HEEPS University of Rajasthan, Jaipur on “Process optimization of microbial degradation of pharmaceutical wastewater”
- Kritika Sharma and Garima Kaushik “Isolation and process parameter optimization for microbial degradation of Ibuprofen” in International conference on Emergingtrends in Biotechnology for waste conservation (ETBWC) 2017 -XIV AnnualConvention of The Biotech Research Society (BRSI), India from October 8-10,2017 at CSIR-NEERI, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- Mohd Ashraf Dar and Garima Kaushik “Isolation and screening of organophosphate pesticide degrading bacteria” in International Conference on Emerging Trends in Biotechnology for Waste Conversion (ETBWC) 2017 -XIV Annual Convention of The Biotech Research Society (BRSI), India Organized by CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur Maharashtra held during October 8-10, 2017
- Promoting Water Use Efficiency, March 22, 2017, World Trade Centre, Jaipur
- Human Responses to Environmental Changes in India: Management & Challenges January 23-24, 2015, Parishkar College, Jaipur, Rajasthan
Title: Climate change and adaptation in rural rajasthan
- International conference on emerging trends of biotechnology (ICETB) November,6-9, 2014, BRSI, SES, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Title: Occurrence, Fate and Degradation of Pharmaceutical compounds in Environment: A Review
Author: Kritika Sharma and Garima Kaushik
- National Seminar on Public Service Delivery System in India—Emerging Issues, Challenges and Prospects, St. Wilfred P.G. College, Jaipur, on March, 23-24, 2014
Title: Ill Water- Role of Governing Bodies
- National conference on Effects of Biotechnology advancements on Environment, Dayanand College, Ajmer, Rajasthan , 22-23 November, 2013
Title: Biodegradation of dyes in Textile Effluent
Author: Jeky Chanwala, Basharat Hamid, Garima Kaushik
- National Conference on Emerging Trends in Renewable Energy Technology, UDML College of Engineering, Jaipur, April 21-22, 2012.
Title: Trends of renewable energy use in India.
- National Conference on Green Technology, Global Institute of Technology, Jaipur, March 28-29, 2012.
Title: Bioremediation: A Green Solution
- International Seminar on Conservation of Energy, SIT, Jaipur, November 9-10, 2011
Title: Energy Conservation-Potential of Renewable Energy Resources.
- International Seminar on Conservation of Energy, SIT, Jaipur, November 9-10, 2011
Title: Biomass- A sustainable, renewable source of Energy.
- International Conference on Green Chemistry, CURAJ, December 7-9, 2011.
Title: Bioremediation of distillery waste water in a pilot scale bioreactor.
- National Conference on Environment degradation: “Issues and Challenges”, BSR. Govt. Arts College, Alwar, December 9-10, 2011.
Title: Bioremediation of Distillery Spent Wash.
- National seminar on new trends in plant Biotechnology, Jaipur National University, Jagatpura, Jaipur.
Title: Decolorization and detoxification of distillery spent wash by microorganisms in three stage Bioreactor, December, 2009.
- International Conference on Environment, Dec. 15-17, 2008, Penang, Malaysia.
Title: Decolorization and detoxification of distillery spent wash by microorganisms.
- 5th Convention of the Biotech Research Society, Hyderabad, India Nov 6-8, 2008
Title: Isolation and process parameter optimization of strains for decolorization and detoxification of distillery mill effluent in sequential Bioreactor.
- Symposium on Contemporary environmental problems and Biotechnological applications in their management.
Title: Decolorization of distillery effluent by microbes in three stage bioreactor, 2008, SES, JNU, New Delhi.
|Title||Attachment File||Other Link|